The things I have learnt from the past month are
- I need to be more intentional about the activities we do with each trait
- plan the activities well in advance so that I can focus properly when we are doing them
- make a plan for when we are going to do these activities
So my plan is to do these activities on Wednesdays as part of our circle time and that means I will aim to prepare on Tuesday nights. Here is what we did this morning.
We made traffic lights,
- red to remind us to stop and use our self control (I wrote specific things the each boy has trouble remembering to use self control with to help them understand),
- orange to remind us to have caution - is my attitude right (or do I have a happy heart) and
- green, all is good, go for it.
Hopefully as we do an activity each week that relates to our character trait and we talk about it more intentionally throughout the month, it will sink in with both the boys and myself.