So I have done some rearranging and put most of our toys away in another cupboard and we are only going to have this small box in the lounge room. (Even the basket on top is going to find another use.) Half toys and half books, next to the reading corner. I am planning to try and rotate the toys more often and keep some as special times toys.
We love our reading corner. It is great for so many reasons.
- to snuggle, cuddle, tell stories and chat
- to have quiet time and read
- chill out spot when one of the boys has woken up but isn't ready to face the world yet (did you spot Jai)
- a place to go (or be sent) if one needs to calm down a little.
- a great supply of pillows for pillow fighting
It has many, many uses.
Most of the time it is a place of peace and quiet.