Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fibre Artist

While I was visiting a friend in the Hunter Valley last week she took me to visit a fibre artist. She has her own sheep and goats, shears and cleans the fleeces and then dyes the wool ready for spinning and knitting or felting.  Walking into her studio was like a dream come true for me.  It was amazing to see wool in so many different stages and all the different machines/contraptions that she uses. 






I bought a few different sorts of wool while I was there.  Some for spinning and some for felting.  Hopefully I'll be able to show you some of things the kids and I make together soon.  We have discovered the wet felting is a great messy fun for everyone.  This has really inspired me.  Maybe I'll be able to get some sheep of my own one day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to 'chat' with me!