Thursday, January 6, 2011

In my Kitchen

I have been having fun in the kitchen lately - I was given Cyndi O'Meara's Changing Habits Changing Lives Cookbook for Christmas and have eaten something out of it every day since.  There are so many habits that we have in our society (relating to what we eat) that aren't necessarily the best for our health.  This book address some of these and talks about picking one habit a week and focusing on changing just that for the week.  It breaks it all down into do-able steps.  One of the biggest concepts in the book is the quality of the food, not the quantity.  So there is no calory counting, just checking the ingredients in the foods.  It's amazing what is in the food we think is good for us!!

Anyway the habit we are focusing on at the moment is breakfast.  We aren't eating bought cereals anymore.


We are eating lots of fresh fruit, amazing rice cereals that are most like rice puddings and fresh home made bread with lots of seeds in it and fresh homemade juice.  So far the kids have enjoyed the bircher with a twist the best but my favourite was the pinacolada rice cereal.  I must say all this is made so much easier with my Thermomix.  Oh I love my Thermomix!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to 'chat' with me!