Monday, November 15, 2010

Loving the old things

This would have to be one of my favourite old things. This is a vintage bouncer. I have used it with all three of my boys and it always works when they need a little help to sleep or just calm down. The beautiful bouncing motion sends them off into a peaceful sleep - therefore I love it.



You can buy things that are similar now in the shops but this is the original thing (and cost me next to nothing because it isn't very pretty). The netting stuff didn't look overly comfortable to me so a quick sewing project by Gran gives us a wonderful vintage bouncer.


Eli loves it (just like the other two boys)

I wonder how many other babies have been bounced to sleep in this??

3 comments:

  1. is that a swirly nappy cover i see?
    i can't enlarge the photo (my blog does that sometimes too) but it looks very cool!
    cute baby xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is a new swirly cover. All the others had no spring in the elastic so I got some new groovy ones. I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the same as failing the "twang" test???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to 'chat' with me!